Kate Hudson Latest News

Posted by Unknown

Actress Kate Hudson, who just won a People's Choice Award for favorite leading lady, proves that she has what it takes to carry such a title - and she can add producer and mommy to her credits as well.

In the new comedy "Bride Wars," which comes out in theaters Friday, Hudson plays a woman who shares a lifelong dream with her best friend, played by Anne Hathaway, for a perfect wedding.

Having seen the film several times now, Hudson admits that she has practically memorized every scene.

"Actually, probably more than five times. I produced this with a friend of mine. So we saw it a lot," Hudson told Early Show co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez.

This time around, Hudson has more of a personal and professional connection to the film, having co-produced it.

"'How To Lose A Guy,' I had a similar relationship, too, like that from the development process. And this is sort of now I actually get a credit. I actually go and I get to do it from start to finish," she said.

After five years' worth of work, Hudson deserves the credit, Rodriguez added.

"Yeah, thanks. It really was challenging and fun. I hope to do it again, but not any time soon. It takes a lot. You're kind of, like, 'Why did I do this? Why did I decide to take this on?' But the finished product on this one has been really rewarding," she gushed.

Hudson's character, Liv in "Bride Wars" is so uptight and such a control freak, which is the total opposite of Hudson.

"So type A," Hudson said. "I can get determined, but not nearly as focused and insane as Liv. And psychotic, basically."

After a while of playing her, Hudson compared her character to Miss Piggy from The Muppets.

Muppets aside, Hudson and Hathaway had such great chemistry while making the film.

"We had so much fun. The whole experience was fun because I like making fun of myself. And I think women don't get the opportunity to do that as much," she said.

Hudson pointed that it was interesting to watch both the male and female reactions to "Bride Wars."

"Because, you know, it's a chick flick. And guys kind of go, like, 'Alright, we're going to watch this chick flick.' My dad and brothers laughed the whole time. At the end the girls were crying and hugging each other," she said.

"And my dad was, like, 'Man, what is it about you girls and weddings? I mean, really. You guys are crazy.' And we're, like, 'Yeah, we are crazy.' It's sort of like a wink to guys going, 'yeah we know. We know we get a little nuts,'" Hudson admitted.

In the movie Hudson plays a bride, but in real life she's been public about the fact that her marriage ended.

But being single doesn’t seem to bother Hudson in the least bit; she has a positive outlook either way.

"I'm enjoying it. I enjoyed being married, too. You know, I'm definitely not somebody who wallows in misery for too long. Not to say that there aren't miserable days. But yeah, I'm enjoying being single," she said.

When Hudson got married she was only 21 and now she is almost 30.

"I realize I had never been single in my adult life. And that's a really nice thing to sort of have and experience. We'll see what happens. I am a mom," she said.

But a fun mom at that.

"I'm a fun girl, so I just kind of have fun, and if it happens, it happens, you know? I don't know. But dating is weird. Going on a date. I don't know. It's not my style," Hudson said.
 

Copyright © 2009 investinginlogic | Design by [blogger merak dua]